Interested in Politics?
Want to make a difference?
Join Our Club!
We are looking for a small group of people with disabilities who are passionate about politics and disability rights issues. Our club got started through ACT’s Olmstead Academy and our goal is to get people with disabilities more involved in there communities through local politics. Our group has already met a few times and has zeroed in on transportation and support services as issues we will focus on.
You can find information about these issues from the:
Call or email Patrick at ACT to join, 651-641-0297, email@example.com.
451 Lexington Pkwy N, St Paul
Room # 2310
On June 2 SAM SE hosted their 10th Annual Regional Conference. The conference focused on celebrating our accomplishments but also moving forward and continuing to have our voices heard and can be best explained by this quote from former US Senator Barbara Mikulski, “Each One of Us Can Make a Difference; Together We Make Change!”
- What is Disability Power Day?
- Dates: 2nd Thursday and Friday of the month, 6/13 or 6/14 (THURSDAY AND FRIDAYS ARE THE SAME, ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE). Attendance will be capped at 35 each day so sign up early.
- Where: St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 1111 Summit Ave Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Cost: No Charge. Donations welcome.
- Call or email with questions, 651-641-0297 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Thursday, June 13
Sign up for Friday, June 14
Read the SAM Blog to catch up on what’s happening around the state
Reach out to your local SAM organizer for more information about group meetings and opportunities for you to get involved in self-advocacy projects.
Download the SAM brochure
Contact ACT if you’re Interested