Interested in Politics?
Want to make a difference?
Join Our Club!
We are looking for a small group of people with disabilities who are passionate about politics and disability rights issues. Our club got started through ACT’s Olmstead Academy and our goal is to get people with disabilities more involved in there communities through local politics. Our group has already met a few times and has zeroed in on transportation and support services as issues we will focus on.
You can find information about these issues from the:
Call or email Patrick at ACT to join, 651-641-0297, email@example.com.
451 Lexington Pkwy N, St Paul
Room # 2310
Call ACT to learn more about the conference planning process and how you can help out!
Be a Sponsor Organization to:
- Get FREE ATTENDANCE and meaningful volunteer experience for 2 representatives
- Get Free Exhibit space for your organization throughout the conference
- Be Listed on all promotional materials
- Engage your organization in the planning process, choosing the theme, logo, color scheme, workshop ideas, entertainment and more!
- Make friends with other self-advocacy leaders on the committee
- Enjoy food during every meeting
Attend an Information Session to learn if joining the planning committee is right for your organization:
5:00pm on Tuesday, July 10th
Griggs Midway Building
1821 University Ave W
STE 330 – S
Saint Paul, MN
Download the Planning Committee Flyer Here
- What is Disability Power Day?
- Dates: 2nd Thursday and Friday of the month, 1/10 or 1/11 (THURSDAY AND FRIDAYS ARE THE SAME, ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE). Attendance will be capped at 45 each day so sign up early.
- Where: St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 1111 Summit Ave Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Cost: No Charge. Donations welcome.
- Call or email with questions, 651-641-0297 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Thursday, February 7
Sign up for Friday, February 8
Read the SAM Blog to catch up on what’s happening around the state
Reach out to your local SAM organizer for more information about group meetings and opportunities for you to get involved in self-advocacy projects.
Download the SAM brochure
Contact ACT if you’re Interested