The Self-Advocacy Academy is a weekly program of sessions and activites to support you in discovering what you want in life and empowering you get it.
- The Academy is an interactive program engaging participants in 2-hour sessions each week from 10am to noon on Tuesday or Friday with remote and in-person options.
- Organized in three trimesters of 13 sessions each. You’re never far from a new group beginging with start times in January, April and September. Participants commit to attending each session over the course of a year.
- The ACT facilitators are trained experts in delivering the curriculum.
- The Academy is unlicensed market-based service within the Family Training and Counseling services.
- The Academy curriculum revolves around three goal areas:
- Building Personal Power
- Connecting to Disability Rights
- Building Stronger and More Inclusive Communities
or read up on FAQs.