Calling All Singers!
The Side by Side People’s Chorus is a singing group open to all people: that includes people with developmental and intellectual disabilities and also all friends and allies. Launched in 2015, the chorus meets monthly to sing and rehearse, and occasionally perform. This is a partnership between ACT and Highland Friendship Club of St. Paul.
At each rehearsal, we sing, have fun, and eat food. We sing all sorts of songs: some that talk about our pride, our power and our dreams, and some just for fun. The singing is led by Bret Hesla. It’s free. It’s fun. All voices welcome!
Get Involved: Now recruiting for the Fall Session
- Download the flyer/registration for the 2019-2020 sessions
- Register for the Fall season online or mail it in from the back of the flyer
Details: Fall 2019 Rehearsal Schedule
- Date: First Friday of each month beginning in September (9/6, 10/4, 11/1, 12/6)
- Where: Macalester Plymouth Church (1658 Lincoln Avenue, St Paul, MN 55105)
- Time: 6:00pm-6:30pm – Sloppy Joes, 6:45pm-8:15pm -Singing
- Performance: tbd
- Required Commitment: Be at all rehearsals.
- Cost: No Charge. Donations welcome.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.