Self-Advocates Minnesota is a network of self-advocacy groups from all around the state. SAM for short. ACT organized the formation of SAM in 2007. Today, more than 50 SA groups around Minnesota are connected and working together. ACT continues to support, fund, and administer the SAM network and its Leadership Circle.
The state is divided into six SAM regions. Each region works with its member groups to build personal power, connect to the disability rights movement and make community changes. All six regions also meet once a year to share best practices and accomplishments.
- Contact your region’s SAM organizer for information about the next meeting and whats going on with self-advocacy near you
SAM Regions and contacts
- SAM Northeast: Karel Hedstrom firstname.lastname@example.org 218-355-0680
- SAM Northwest: Carla Tice email@example.com 701-739-4554 and Audra Nikle firstname.lastname@example.org 701-317-1221
- SAM Central: Maggie Treichel email@example.com 763-370-3946 and Bev Kaler firstname.lastname@example.org 320-224-1438
- SAM Southeast: Rebecca Ebsen email@example.com 952-915-3628 and Cheryl Gardner-Ghionzoli firstname.lastname@example.org 952-915-3628
- SAM Southwest: Wilbur Neushwander-Frink email@example.com 507-779-6292 and Rebecca Ebsen firstname.lastname@example.org 952-915-3628
- SAM Metro: Nikki Villavicencio email@example.com 651-756-7874