Advocating Change Together has responded to Minnesota’s recent push for more integration by launching the Olmstead Academy. The Academy is a 12-month program of classroom and fieldwork through which self-advocates, working in teams, are positioned to help lead the state’s Olmstead Plan, and its goal of greater community integration for people with disabilities.
Classroom sessions cover disability rights, the Olmstead decision, and leadership skills. Each team plans and carries out a 6 month Disability Integration Project that will help people with disabilities be more a part of the community where they live.
Visit this page to stay up to date with the 2020 as they launch into their year of disability leadership. Contact ACT to get involved with their Disability Integration Projects or to get information about joining the 2021 class.
Learn more about each class from ACT’s Olmstead Academy:
Class of 2019
Class of 2018
- Download the 2018 Olmstead Academy Report to the Community
- 2018 Olmstead Academy Participants, Teams, Projects
- 2018 Olmstead Academy Photos
Class of 2017
- Download the 2017 Olmstead Academy Report to the Community
- 2017 Olmstead Academy Participants, Teams, Projects
- 2017 Olmstead Academy Photos
Class of 2016
- Download the 2016 Olmstead Academy Report to the Community
- 2016 Olmstead Academy Participants, Teams and Projects
- 2016 Olmstead Academy Photos